Top Thermal Window Brands
October 11, 2010
Installing thermal replacement windows in your home is a simple way to increase your home's energy efficiency, while simultaneously reducing the amount of power it consumes. All thermal windows have multiple panes of glass, which is why they perform better than traditional single paned windows. Some of the top thermal replacement windows are from brands like Pella, Marvin, and Andersen.
Pella Encompass Series
- Pella's vinyl windows are less expensive than their wood windows
- Available in white or almond, the color is solid throughout the vinyl frame so scratches are less noticeable.
- Maintenance free vinyl frames never need to be refinished.
- Energy efficient glass options such as Low-E glass are available.
Infinity by Marvin
- Ultrex fiberglass frames are low maintenance, similar to vinyl frames.
- Windows are available in six colors, including white, gray, brown, and bronze.
- Frames can be painted a custom color.
- Between-the-glass grilles are available for easy cleaning.
- Options include tempered safety glass or obscure privacy glass.
- Thermal windows are vinyl framed.
- If the Low-E glass option is selected, windows are Energy Star-rated.
- These windows feature a lifetime warranty.
Renewal by Andersen
- Frames are made from Fibrex which is a wood composite material, consisting of 40 percent reclaimed wood fiber.
- Windows are available in 22 standard color combinations.
- High performance Low-E4 Smartsun Glass reduces 95 percent of harmful UV rays.
- An Andersen representative will perform in home estimate and installation.
Replacement windows can be straightforward to install because they are built to the dimensions of your existing window openings. Several of the top thermal replacement windows are from brands which historically made windows only for new construction, but now include dedicated product lines for thermal replacement windows.