Top Soundproof Window Brands
October 11, 2010
Some of the top rated soundproof windows are from brands which claim that their windows can keep your home quiet regardless of any unwanted outside noise. In order to accurately compare the different brands, you need to understand how some of the most popular soundproof windows function.
Milgard Quiet Line Series
Milgard manufactures this series of vinyl windows as a replacement for existing windows or for new construction. These windows have two operable sashes, one for energy insulation, and a second for acoustical insulation.
- The company claims that their triple-paned glass construction reduces noise by 30%, compared to their standard double paned glass.
- Milgard soundproof windows are available with energy-saving features such as their SunCoat Low-E insulated glass coatings.
- Many styles of glass are available, including solar tinting and privacy glass.
- A 72"W x 48"H, horizontal slider can cost about $700 from a Milgard Dealer.
Andersen 400 Series
A wood window with vinyl cladding would be appropriate for both new construction and window replacement. These windows have one operable sash, relying on high quality laminated glass for energy and acoustical insulation.
- Tempered laminated glass is pressure laminated with a clear layer of plastic between 2 layers of standard glass for increased safety and energy efficiency.
- Andersen claims that their high performance Low-E4 glass also helps reduce sound penetration, increases energy efficiency, and is easier to clean than standard glass.
- The cost for a 72"W x 48"H, horizontal slider is about $750.
Soundproof Windows, Inc.
Soundproof Windows, Inc. constructs a sound insulating window which mounts on an interior wall and operates independently from your existing window.
- Three-layered laminated glass has some of the highest standards for noise reduction in the industry.
- There's no need to replace current windows: less hassle with less mess
- Windows are operable and can be painted to match existing decor.
- These windows can filter out 99% of damaging UV light and increases thermal efficiency over traditional double paned windows
- The cost for a 72"W x 48"H, horizontal slider is about $680.
While all three of these window manufacturers' products should perform better than standard single-paned windows, each product is different and one may be better suited for a specific situation than another. These are just a few of the top rated soundproof windows, and other brands do offer sound reducing features with their window products.