Glazed Window Installers and Contractors
October 11, 2010
Replacing your windows can greatly improve your home's energy efficiency, but only if they're installed correctly. Finding reputable installers for your glazed windows usually takes a little more work than just picking a name out of a phone book although you could get lucky. If you follow these easy tips, you won't have to depend on luck in your search for reputable glazed windows installers and contractors.
Finding Reputable Glazed Windows Installers and Contractors for your Home
Replacement windows for your home can be a substantial investment that should pay long term dividends in the form of annual energy savings, but the windows need proper installation to provide peak performance. Following these simple guidelines should ensure that you have reputable glazed windows installers and contractors working on your home.
- Referrals. Installing replacement windows has become popular as families seek to make their homes more energy efficient. Check with family, friends, and neighbors to see if they've used any installers they were happy with.
- Reputation. Window contractors are not only going to be installing your windows, they are going to be working in your home. Check online and with the local Better Business Bureau to find out if there are any complaints.
- Licenses. You should never have any contractors working on your home without proper licenses and insurance.
- References. Any installers you're considering should be willing to provide a list of past customers; don't hesitate to contact people on the list to discuss work quality and satisfaction level
- Contract. There should always be a written and signed contract when you have contractors working on your home that spells out prices, completion dates, and any warranties that apply.
Following these guidelines for hiring installers and contractors for your glazed windows should take luck out of the equation and you can be comfortable your windows are being installed correctly.