Block Glass Window Installers and Contractors
October 18, 2010
If you are considering installing block glass windows in your home, it is best to have a professional contractor who is familiar with the product perform the installation. How do you find a reliable contractor who has experience with installing block glass windows?
Research Contractors for Block Glass Windows
- The best way to find a reliable contractor for block glass windows is to get referrals. Check with friends and neighbors as well as local businesses that have had block glass windows installed.
- Get bids from more than one contractor, preferably a minimum of three.
- Verify credentials: contractor's license, insurance, membership in professional organizations. Check with the local contractors' board and the Better Business Bureau for information on complaints.
- Get references and personally verify them. If possible, inspect the quality of the work done elsewhere. Ask references for information on cost, especially if the project is similar in scope to yours.
- Get a contract and check the terms and conditions. Pay particular attention to pricing, payment schedules, beginning and ending dates, deliverables, and warranties. Make sure the contract includes procuring the proper building permits, if required. If possible, have your lawyer review the contract. Be wary of contracts that require payment if full up-front.
If you follow these steps, you should get a professional installation of your block glass windows on time, on budget, and done to your specifications.