Benefits of Fiberglass Windows
December 21, 2009
Fiberglass windows offer an excellent option for energy saving windows. Resistance to rusting, warping, rotting, and size fluctuation caused by temperature variation renders fiberglass windows among the highest rated for energy savings. Here are some more benefits of installing fiberglass windows in your home:
Advantages of Fiberglass Windows
- Installation: Unlike other window frame materials, fiberglass doesn't bow or bend, which helps avoid accidents and facilitates installation.
- Easy care: Fiberglass windows resist environmental damage including corroding and fading. They can withstand climate extremes.
- Durability: Fiberglass windows are long lasting and strong. Their durability makes them a great choice if you want large windows or custom designs.
- Design flexibility: Fiberglass windows are available in a wide variety of styles, sizes and shapes. They can also be painted.
- Energy savings: Fiberglass windows typically provide a 20 to 40 percent savings on heating and cooling costs compared to other window frame materials.
- Insulation: Fiberglass doesn't conduct heat or cold, which enhances its insulation ability.
- Superior seal: Fiberglass doesn't warp, expand or contract. This helps maintain a secure seal that prevents the intrusion of moisture. drafts and noise.
Fiberglass windows can be an excellent investment in home improvement. Installing energy saving windows as part of comprehensive energy conservation improvements can help you save on utility costs and potentially increase your home's value.