Benefits of Vinyl Casement Windows
January 11, 2010
Vinyl casement windows are a great choice if you're replacing outdated or damaged wooden or aluminum windows. Vinyl is low maintenance and comes in a variety of styles and colors to complement your home and its decor. Here are some benefits of vinyl casement windows, which open outward using a hand crank. Think of vinyl casement windows as windows that open like doors; they resemble traditional French windows, but save space inside by opening outward instead of inward.
Some benefits are:
- Tight seals prevent moisture and drafts: Vinyl casement windows are constructed with a seal that protects your home from the weather, and insulated window design also helps to keep interior heat or air conditioning indoors.
- Vinyl Casement windows provide full ventilation: Unlike a double hung window, casement windows open to provide 100% ventilation through the window opening.
- Easy cleaning: The door-like construction of vinyl casement windows makes them easy to clean from within your home. Vinyl frames clean up with little effort.
- Security features: Vinyl casement windows come with multiple locking mechanisms and cranks that recess into the window frame; these features provide additional home security and peace of mind.
- Versatile design: Whether your home is Mediterranean, contemporary, or a ranch style, vinyl casement windows can maintain the integrity of your home's design while providing the benefits of window insulation, enhanced security, and easy care.
Check out vinyl casement window options online or visit a showroom to learn how vinyl casement windows can enhance your home's appearance and value.