New Windows won't work right if they're not installed right.
Because the new vinyl replacement windows you buy should be measured to fit, built and installed to your desires and needs, big retailers cannot carry these items in stock, and special orders are not what they're best at. Find a window installer in your area
Today's technologically superior performance enhancing innovation and testing of window products, leaves little doubt of the quality and value of the majority of residential window and door.
Of equal importance, the installation of the product in a new or existing opening completes the window transaction. Proper installation is at least equal in importance to any other facet in the ultimate satisfaction of the homeowner.
Replacement Windows are only half the system; Installation is the other half.
Window and door products have become more sophisticated, and have become, in effect, precision appliances - able to separate and control the interior environment independent from the outside environment; while being able to operate reliably for long periods of time. And, most Vinyl Replacement Window companies make a quality product that will perform consistently.
Over 90% of Replacement Window problems are the result of poor, or incomplete installation
National statistics prove year after year that, when properly installed, windows will perform up to specifications for longer than the warranted life of the window itself. Excessive condensation, air leaks, heat loss, warped or out-of-square windows are the result of faulty installation - not faulty manufacture. Unfortunately, these problems won't usually show up until months after the installation. And worse, they are not covered by the manufacturer's window warranty.
September 23, 2014
Getting new windows? Here are ten things to be on the lookout for while they're being installed.... More >>
October 15, 2013
You may know it's time for replacement windows, but do you know exactly what they are? Find out what's repaired and replaced when you order vinyl replacement windows and how long you can expect installation to take.... More >>
August 27, 2013
While visiting my parents, I noticed their older house had woefully deficient windows. Do you have any of the same signs that may mean it's time for a window replacement?... More >>
- Adding new windows where none existed
- Energy-efficient windows require expert installation
- 8 overlooked window installation provisions
- Energy-efficient windows, installed correctly, save money
- Wood extension jambs for vinyl windows?
- 5 reasons window installation should be left to the pros
- Window replacement is a breeze, not a cyclone
- 5 fast ways to lower window installation cost
- 6 markups that increase window installation cost
- 3 window installation mistakes that cost homeowners
- What are the small square holes in window frames?
- The 6 most commonly-asked questions about windows, and their answers
- Window Replacement Contractors: Finding Your Best Options
- Three Reasons to Install Custom Replacement Windows
- Wood Replacement Windows - Installation Guide and Tips
- Top Tips for Aluminum Window Installation
- Vinyl Basement Windows - Installation and Benefits
- Florida Replacement Windows
- Window Sales and Window Replacement: Finding a Good Match
- How to Install Replacement Windows -- a DIY Guide for the Newbie
- How to Measure for and Install Replacement Windows: A DIY Overview
- Energy Star Window Ratings: Eco-Friendly Savings
- Windows Contractors Play Starring Role in Window Replacement
- Tips on How to Install Vinyl Replacement Windows