DIY Window Advice
Since windows cover such a wide area and periodically need repair or replacement, homeoners often find themselves in need of some kind of DIY window advice. Whether you're dealing with windows that are difficult to open, slam shut unexpectedly, or leak like crazy in the winter, window advice can help you get right to the solution.
You'll learn how to replace window screens, fix window sashes, repair or replace problematic window joints, and stop sliding windows from sticking to the track. Window advice will also guide you in deciding what supplies and tools you need to bring your windows back to life.
DIY window advice also can help you decide when the problem requires the help of a contractor. In that case, you'll learn six tips for hiring a windows contractor, how to interview contractors, and how to get windows estimates to find the best deals.
Windows are important elements in any house. DIY window advice can help you protect your home by reducing air infiltration, improving window operation and solving tricky construction or installation issues. You'll feel good about using your DIY skills and learning when it's best to pass the problem off to a good contractor.
December 05, 2012
In winter you notice things like drafty windows. Learn how to fix leakage around windows: these tips explain how to insulate, caulk and weatherstrip with a few simple instructions and easily purchased parts.... More >>
July 28, 2011
Being concerned about your replacement windows cost doesn't mean you have to short change yourself on ease of maintenance. Find out what features can make your cleaning chores a lot easier.... More >>
July 22, 2011
When it comes to transforming your space, windows pack a mean design punch for the buck. These four aesthetically pleasing designs will separate you from the pack.... More >>
- Four Tips for Choosing the Best Residential Windows
- Buying Discount Vinyl Windows
- Three Ways to Save Money on Vinyl Window Replacements
- Getting Window Estimates to Find the Best Deals
- 5 Things to Know about Basement Replacement Windows
- Planning a Replacement Windows Installation
- 6 Tips for Hiring a Window Contractor
- Replacement Windows: Planning Your Project
- Preventing Trouble with Windows and Doors
- Is It Time to Replace Your Windows?
- Eight Tips for Replacing Windows and Doors to Period Authenticity
- Windows and Doors: Tips for Successful Replacement
- How to Choose Safe Windows for Children's Rooms
- How to Make Money on Your Window Investment
- How To Measure for New Windows or Window Blinds
- How to Replace Window Glass: From Crack to Caulk in a Few Simple Steps
- Consumer Reports Help With Replacement Windows Evaluation
- Guide To Measuring For Replacement Windows: Step-by-Step
- New Windows: 5 Tips for Selecting Replacement Windows