Comparing Replacement Window Dealers
January 18, 2010
Selecting a replacement window dealer can be as important as finding the best windows for your home. Here are some tips for finding a replacement window dealer that can help with selecting and installing new windows in accordance with manufacturer's warranty requirements.
- Verify that dealers are licensed, bonded and insured: This can help in avoiding unqualified installers or scam artists.
- Verify that replacement window dealers you're considering are factory authorized to sell and install the windows you want: Some manufacturer warranties become void if the windows are not installed by factory trained/ authorized installers.
- Ask for references and contact all of them:Talking with a window dealer's customers can shed light on customer satisfaction with products and window installation. Getting referrals from people whose windows you can inspect is a good way to find reputable window dealers. Ask family, neighbors and friends who've recently bought replacement windows to recommend a window replacement dealer.
- Length of time in business: Established dealers have more experience, can provide multiple references, and have gained a reputation for their work.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) membership: Ask potential replacement window dealers if they're members, and in good standing with BBB.
Replacement windows aren't an impulse purchase; they cost thousands of dollars and are a major home improvement project. Taking time to find the right replacement window dealer can help ensure your satisfaction with your replacement windows and their installation.