When it comes to Vinyl Replacement Windows or Installing Windows, selecting a competent dealer is probably the biggest decision you will have to make in the selecting of new windows for your home. After all, it is the dealer who will help you decide on product, design, installation, and how best to serve your needs and sift through the clutter of information.
You have some choices. Obviously, some of the big home center retailers have window products on display, and many of them are now installing products.
But do they really know what's best for you? They are generalists, serving the builder and remodeler trade. They have chosen products to carry, and they may not be the best available because, as a cash and carry store, they are interested in the cheaper products rather than the best.
Because the new windows you buy should be measured to fit and built to your desires and needs, big retailers cannot carry these items in stock, and special orders are not what they're best at.
If you choose a dealer from the Yellow Pages or some other source, you run the risk of getting a contractor that is less than and expert and one who may not be the best businessman for you to deal with.
How can you be sure of your selection? Arm yourself with knowledge. Review the content on this site and ask a lot of questions. Get a few different estimates before settling on a type of window or a window installer.
September 23, 2015
If you need window repairs or warranty information, you'll need to know who made your windows. And that info isn't always easy to come by. Here are six ways you can track it down.... More >>
May 14, 2014
Your window warranty may sounds impressive, but it may not mean anything if the manufacturer has gone out of business. Learn how to pick a great window company for a truly great warranty.... More >>
June 03, 2011
If your home is in hurricane country, you might be more worried about flooding or trees falling through your roof, but impact windows can save your whole house from collapsing. Here's why.... More >>
- Are your windows strong enough?
- U-value demystified
- Replacement Window Dealers Offer Product and Installation Information
- Researching Replacement Windows before Purchasing
- What Do Replacement Window Ratings Mean?
- Shop and Compare Window Dealers and Installers
- How to Communicate with Window Dealers
- Understanding Vinyl Replacement Window Rating Information
- Replacement Window Dealers: Matching New Windows to Your Criteria
- Replacement Windows: Shop, Compare, and Question
- Using Window Rating Systems When Selecting Replacement Windows
- Time for Window Replacement? What You Must Know About Window Sales
- Six Tips to Find the Right Vendor for Your Window Replacement Project
- Tips for Interviewing Window Dealers and Getting Estimates
- Tips for Choosing Window Contractors
- Window Glass Dealers Provide Best Options
- Comparing Replacement Window Dealers
- Understanding Window Glass Ratings
- The Role of Window Ratings in Your Window Replacement Decisions
- Learning About Replacement Window Ratings