Interior doors are sometimes neglected in a home remodel because they don't affect your home's curb appeal and they lack the flashy newness of upgrades to marble countertops and new flooring. However, you shouldn't overlook their importance. Finding the right interior doors for your home can reinvent any room.
Choosing Your Interior Doors
Common types of interior doors include raised panel, flat panel, and hollow core. Wooden doors are a common choice for the interior of a home, though glass or metal can make a distinctive statement in the right surroundings, as when paired with the concrete floors of some modern homes.
Take a look at a few types of interior doors:
- Pocket doors: These doors slide horizontally into the wall, saving space while allowing for privacy. Prices can range anywhere from $60-260.
- French doors: These doors come in pairs and swing open to create a grand entrance. More expensive than other options, prices can range from $200 into the thousands.
- Bi-fold doors: A popular option for closets and pantries, these doors create a low profile when opened. The price will vary depending on quality and style, and can run anywhere from $40 to $500 or more.
- Dutch doors: These unique doors feature a top and bottom half that can open and close independently or together. Prices vary greatly, and they can be hard to find.
Once you've picked the door style, you'll have more options for customization, including:
- Materials: Choose among solid wood doors, cost-efficient plywood, glass panels, or the solid lines of modern metals.
- Hardware: Match your home's style with classic, contemporary, or modern knobs, hinges, and other hardware.
- Color: Pick from a variety of paints, stains, finishes, and styles. Keep in mind that unfinsihed doors are always more affordable, but you should paint or seal them eventually.
Browse your options for interior doors and get a better sense of exactly what's available on the market. And, when shopping for your interior doors, be sure to customize your home's interior with doors that are built to last. Some popular brands include: AAW Doors, Classic Door Systems, Masonite, Lemieux, and more.
September 16, 2014
You may not think of your doors as doing a lot for your interior design, but swapping them out can make a huge difference. Read on to find out how!... More >>
December 29, 2009
Interior doors are doors meant to be kept inside, away from the hardships of weather, heat, sunrays and cold temperatures. Interior doors include bathroom doors, closet doors, bedroom doors and door to maintenance rooms. The backdoor is usually known as an e... More >>
December 28, 2009
Internal doors, or interior doors, are doors found on the inside of your house. Right away you will notice that these doors (in most homes) tend to be more simplistically designed than exterior doors. The traditional internal door is a flush, swinging door, ... More >>