Glass Doors Add Light and Appeal to Your Home
January 31, 2010
Today's glass doors are available in materials and styles to suit most any home improvement plan. You can replace patio sliders with French doors, or choose an energy efficient slider made from vinyl, fiberglass, or steel. Multiple layers of glass help insulate your home while protecting against damaging ultra violet rays. Other reasons for adding glass doors to your home include:
Advantages of Glass Doors
- Versatile styling: Whether you're choosing a single door with a single clear expanse of glass, or ornate entry doors utilizing various textures of etched and leaded glass, there is something for every architectural style and home decor preference.
- Gain light without sun damage: You can order glass doors that are treated to prevent penetration of destructive UV rays. Replacing solid doors with glass doors brings additional light into your home. If you have a dark entry or a long hallway that needs illumination, a glass door can help brighten your home.
- Maintain architectural integrity: You can order glass doors matching your home's architecture; it's also possible to replicate specific styles with energy efficient glass doors.
- Patio door styles: You can replace a slider with French doors, or sliding doors in a variety of styles. It's also possible to custom order patio doors in unique configurations and shapes.
- Interior doors: Glass doors aren't limited to exterior use. You can install a glass door for your home office, craft room or other area where quiet is needed, and you can achieve some privacy by using textured glass.
Shop for glass doors online or visit local showrooms to compare glass doors and decorating ideas.