French Doors Enhance Home Appearance, Value
December 30, 2009
Replacing exterior doors with French doors can improve your home's appearance, and may increase its value. French doors provide extra light and are compatible with a variety of decor styles and architectural formats. Here are some benefits of French doors:
Benefits of French Doors
- Adding home value: Replacing worn and outdated exterior doors can add value to your home while updating its appearance. French doors installed in an entry are welcoming and provide a great first impression.
- Increase natural light within your home: French doors offer additional natural lighting, and can illuminate dim hallways or open up rooms with few windows.
- Versatility: You can install French doors in place of outdated patio sliders, or incorporate them within a wall of windows facing your back yard, deck, or patio. French doors provide good lighting and extra ventilation when opened wide during the summer.
- Durable materials: French doors are traditionally constructed of wood framing with paned glass, but you can also find them in steel with fiberglass panes, and composite materials. These options may come in handy for families with budding baseball stars or overzealous pets.
- Budget friendly options: Wood and glass French doors can be quite expensive, but steel and fiberglass options cost less and provide a similar appearance.
- Energy savings: French doors are available in energy-efficient styles that can be part of an overall energy conservation plan for your home. French windows can withstand a wide variety of climate conditions and weather when properly installed to prevent drafts. look for the Energy Star logo when shopping for energy efficient windows and doors.
Installing French doors may add light and style to your home. You may be very pleased with your decision to replace old exterior doors with new French doors.